Vauxhall owner says ELLO!

Re: Introduce yourself here

nothing yet...soon to have induction kit, remus centre section, some decent alloys..18 "....maybe re-map and chip...what do you recommend?

remap and a chip are the same thing done in a different way - 1 envolves pulling the ECU apart and soldering in the chip and the other is done by uploading a new map via the diagnostic port.
induction kit, exhaust, new cams, fuel pressure reg and remap should see you a decent amount on the 2.6.
throttle bodies work well on the smaller vaux engines not sure about the bigger ones tho.
you could also try and hunt done the 2.8 turbo outo the vec vxr or drop it down abit and fit the 2.0 turbo outo the calibra or the saab HOT

Your very welcome. About the car I'd start by Ugrading the standard speakers and stereo. Then add an amp and a decent sub. I'd go for 2 12inch subs as the vectra boot is very well sound proofed so this well deliver good bass. After that I'd do the airfilter, exhaust including manifold, a de-cat pipe, A good set of cams and pulleys etc, and to finish it all of a remap. If you do think about upping the power it's a good idea to do a full service including the head gasket and timing chain/belt. I'd also get a good set of lowering springs and some fast road pads. !8 inch wheels look great on Vectra's. An if you really wanna go over the top then Twin Turbo's is the route forwards.:D:D:D

but dont forget about suspension and brakes as well

Brakes and suspension on a 2.6 V6 wont be an issue if fitting the redtop turbo (C20LET) as it will already have athe same size brakes as a Calibra or Cavalier Turbo. The suspension will be fine aswell as his model will have the uprated ones as standard. He basically has the exact same shell and parts as what I had when I droped my turbo into my Veccy.

Brakes and suspension on a 2.6 V6 wont be an issue if fitting the redtop turbo (C20LET) as it will already have athe same size brakes as a Calibra or Cavalier Turbo. The suspension will be fine aswell as his model will have the uprated ones as standard. He basically has the exact same shell and parts as what I had when I droped my turbo into my Veccy.

I did think that myself but a set of lowering springs won't go a miss. And some fast road pads will just tie things in together nicely.

You've just got to be paitient really. Keep searching places you know you could get an engine from like vauxhall forums, ebay etc and dont buy until you find something you are happy with. I ended up paying £800 for the engine, loom, ecu, turbo, manifold, engine loom, radiator and all ancileries. Then it only cost me about £100 for the different parts i needed. You could proberbly get it alot cheaper if you were willing to buy a higher milage engine or one that needs a little TLC ;)

You've just got to be paitient really. Keep searching places you know you could get an engine from like vauxhall forums, ebay etc and dont buy until you find something you are happy with. I ended up paying £800 for the engine, loom, ecu, turbo, manifold, engine loom, radiator and all ancileries. Then it only cost me about £100 for the different parts i needed. You could proberbly get it alot cheaper if you were willing to buy a higher milage engine or one that needs a little TLC ;)

I'd need a Sunny Gti-r Engine for mine. But they are very expensive. I'm not that bothered at the minute it's not somethin I plan on doing anytime soon. Although if I did see a cheap enough engine......:D:D:D:D;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back