vauxhall corsa 1.0 12v 2000 reg

Hi haveb820024 and welcome to TorqueCars. It is going to sound harsh but it really isn't worth spending a lot of money tuning up a 1.0 engine. If you spent £2000 on the engine you'd only see a 40bhp power gain and it would not be reliable.

An engine swap would be good. Something bigger would give an instant power increase and provide a better base to work from.

Suspension wise if you drop it 35-40mm and fit stiffer components with Poly bushes it will really stick to the road. We have a few Corsa owners on here, who I'm sure will share their experience with you.

The most common engine swap for these, as I'm sure everyone will know is the C20XE (commonly known as the 2.0 Redtop engine) out of cars such as Cavalier SRi's and Astra mk3 GSi's, also a lot of companies if you search google or something will supply and fit these engines, but it can be costly, it's best sourcing an engine, gearbox mounts etc yourself and getting a simple "Backstreet" garage to fit it for a few hundred, unless you fancy doing it yourself :D

right so people know by tuning tips i mean as in exhaust and air filter. i dont want big power gains im just after it sounding and breathing better. im not after speed at the mo as im not into fast cars due to loosing my licence and only recently getting it back.

panel filter and exhaust then mate.
handling - lower it and look towards strutbrace and anti-roll bars on the front.
get decent tyres on it as well as this is the most important as its the only thing holding the car on the ground.

upgrade the pads next time they are due as well

why a panel filter and not a k&n induction kit? any ideas on exhaust was loookin at a 3inch sportex but what do u reckomend a back box or full system also tyres i was thinkin toyo's.

on a 1ltr engine you will prob get the same gains at the top end with the panel filter but unlike the induction kit you will gain a small amount through the whole range
rather than losing out in the low - mid like you will get with the induction kit

3" is that the bore size of the exhaust or the tail pipe ? 3" bore is waayy to big for a 1.0, if its a tailpipe thats fine. full system is allways better but again not much by much in this case. save the money and get the back box alone as it will sound better at least.

toyos should be fine

so what tyres do you guy's prefer. im goin to go for a k&n panel filter and backbox only then. 3 inch is the tail pipe size.

ive just went through a set of bridgestone re040s in around 11k nice and grippy, over enthusiastic driving at times. eagle f1 get good reviews as well although they are a soft compound, good for grip but not on long life.

michelin sports were good i had then for nearly 20k and still a good couple of thousand miles left on them when i sold the car.

have you ever ran toyo's on a car before as on my highly modified mondeo 20 16v i ran toyo's and found they were excellent on grip. any idea's of cheap decent suspension kits and also strut brace's.

the wife had them, ive not tried them and dont really drive her car hard anyway.
koni sp*t kits were going cheap not long ago basically it was theyre sport ones but the dampning locked as standard.
have a look under the news/discounts part of the forum as http://torquecars.potn.com are offering discounts tomorrow aftrnoon.
strut braces can go cheaply on ebay, as long as there decent metal you shouldt have problems.

Last edited by a moderator: