Van v Car

Savageash

Car
Subaru Impreza WRX
I guess ill talk about the looks first to make it a "car styling" kinda thing. Just had someone tell me they love there van. You can't really mod a van to make it look awesome or can you ? Ive always been tempted to get a little one...Maybe a pug bipper? (that might just be the name that makes me interested xD:love:) What are the reeeeeal benefits to gettin a van. Why do grubby mechanic men let there vans get so dirty and horrible!

Load carrying capacity and accessibility (slidey doors etc).

Exemption from London congestion charging.

Group 1 insurance.

Apart from those I can see no reasons why anyone would want a van rather than a car. The lack of all round vision is horrible.

Not sure about this as theres 3 very nasty vans around here. One has a 2.1 CVH conversion and been made into a 2.1 RS Turbo, another one is a Astra Van with a C20LET Turbo conversion and the 3rd is a another Astra van with a 2.5 V6 conversion. Still practical for work but bloody hell are they quick.

Load carrying capacity and accessibility (slidey doors etc).

Exemption from London congestion charging.

Group 1 insurance.

Apart from those I can see no reasons why anyone would want a van rather than a car. The lack of all round vision is horrible.

My work mate and I went in to London in a transit, when we hit the outskirts we had to buy a congestion charge ticket, we also left early on a Friday and crossed another zone and got a fine for £50 in the post, this was in August 2009, have they changed it now then so vans dont get charged??

I'm not saying that vans are slow. But if you don't need the carrying capacity then why would you want one?

Surely a Saab 95 Aero HoT Estate is a better proposition than a Ducato van?

You also need some form of business use to get them insured. Although not impossible a lot of insurers will decline cover for domestic van owners.

Now something like a Doge Ram and I can see the attraction. Big, fast and Big!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back