van problem

patdel

Car
dispatch 2.l hdi
have citroen dispatch 2.l hdi 2oo1 that was cutting out while driving but would restart then.got mechanic to check it out put diagnostic on it but didnt show fault.he found fuel filter housing was damaged so replaced both.it drove perfect for 3 weeks then just wouldnt start.the pump in diesel tank wasnt coming on when turn ignition.mechanic put power to pump and it worked fine but coudnt start van .anyone help?

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

nowdays fuel and diesel engine are controled vith ecu as you said no fault codes found . pump in the tank is controled with ecu and ecu turns it on, so did you check the relay for the pump maybe its broken. but first check fuses

thats true , but he first need to solve fuel pump in tank,
when he do that he will need to check for airlock in fuel sistem.
i guess that when pump in the tank died , bosch pump created a air lock in fuel sistem.
but im not so good in diesel engines i might be wrong.

Have you checked the fuel line for an air lock? Is fuel definately arriving at the engine?
mechanic just told me he checkd pump directly and it worked but cudnt get van to start.couldnt get pump to work when turn ignition.im not sure did diesel get to engine.was xmas week it happened i say he hadnt time to stay at it.just wondering did anyone have same problem before i do anymore.thanks

your problem seems to be electric if fuses are ok as you say then it could be immobilizer if your van have one (it prevents motor to start)
and at the end it could be faulty ecu

just got problem sorted.had to give van to main dealer .told me there was no power going to ecu that they had to check all wiring in loom and replace some.thanks for all replies