Torque Cars

Vacuum Leak????????????????????

Discussion in 'Integra Owners' started by WhiteNoise, 1 March 2012.

1. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Tuner

Nowra, Australia
    Car:
    Honda DC5
    Recently my car has been feeling like it has turbo lag (not a turbo though, lol) could this be a vacuum line? also felt like a knocking noise was happening a few times but havent heard it since. Any ideas people?

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    When was it last serviced? Does a diagnostic fault code check turn anything up? What fuel are you using?

3. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Tuner

Nowra, Australia
    Car:
    Honda DC5
    Was serviced about 6 weeks ago but recently got a new highflow cat put on it so could it be a leak there??? No Faults when serviced and no lights showing up at the moment. Usinf V-POwer which if memory serves is 98 octane, so the best fuel available at the pumps.

4. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Tuner

Nowra, Australia
    Car:
    Honda DC5
    Think its a leak in my exhaust when they welded it up they missed a spot so that may explain the loss of power. thought it would happen as soon as i got it back but over the 2 weeks maybe a sharp jolt or something cracked a weak point in the weld.

5. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Tuner

Nowra, Australia
    Car:
    Honda DC5
    Still paranoid about the brake pedal have a jumpoing feel to it sometimes likes its vibrating.

6. davalav

davalav Moderator

Essex, England
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S R56
    Get the brake lines replaces mate, also try testing the brakes for any trapped air.

7. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Tuner

Nowra, Australia
    Car:
    Honda DC5
    So the clunking noise could also be the brakes? even if it really only happens when not braking??? i will ask my mechanic to check the brakes for me on Monday :) Thanks.

8. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Tuner

Nowra, Australia
    Car:
    Honda DC5
    I figred the clunk. It happens when i release the clutch as a am braking :) is that a bad thing?

9. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Tuner

Nowra, Australia
    Car:
    Honda DC5
    Car runs alot better and quieter since i put the resonator/hotdog on it and the fixed the exhaust leak.