Use your fog lights

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
In the winter I've been moaning about all those drivers who put their fog lights on in the rain.

Now that we are actually getting some fog why arn't people using their fog lights!

Is it like this near you? I also get annoyed when people leave their fog lights on after they have driven through the fog.

Fog lights give a very low wide spread of light designed to avoid reflecting light from the fog back at the driver. But I don't find they create a glare problem.

Sidelights and front fogs actually work quite well as DRLs, although the highway code doesn't permit this.

I only put mine on when the visibility is poor and drivers benefit from them, see too many on when there is no real need, confuses some folk into thinking their brake lights are stuck on. I flick mine on when I think it is required, think alot of drivers are actually scared to put them on when driving and the same when they should be switched off.

I usually wait for the fog to become quite thick before I switch on the rear one's. But as mentioned before, so many people seem to have the rear fogs switched-on at anytime and under any conditions at night, they always fail to notice the warning symbol on the dashboard informing them of this fact.
Down here in East London, the front fogs have to be switched-on all the time whether it is day or night by our more youthful BMW, Audi and Citroen drivers, bless em!

There is a Merc near me that always has his fogs on in the rain, it anoys the hell out of me, chances are he's never seen proper fog anyhow, moron.