Use 15,000 voltage for any useful purpose....

udayan

Car
ford endavour
I found a new injector which replaces spark plug in petrol engines. so the 15,000 voltage in the spark plug can be used for any useful purpose:p

IF true then make one a present for anyone going through a red light ?

Should cut the numbers of cyclists in London in half in a day or so

Last edited:
Greetings udayan and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

I've had a look around and there is a patent filed somewhere for a combined injector/ignitor. It doesn't look especially exciting to me, so unless there's a major performance and economy benefit it's unlikely to get too much attention.

Can't you get double headed hammers that have both sideways and back/front heads?

I've had a look around and there is a patent filed somewhere for a combined injector/ignitor. It doesn't look especially exciting to me, so unless there's a major performance and economy benefit it's unlikely to get too much attention.

But it will still need to use the voltage, so can't be what udayan is on about.

what about up and down :toung: Maybe even better a hammer with a universal joint :D

If you read the hammer manual, it tells you how to achieve this without having to buy a separate tool.

I thought we were having a sensible discussion and you mess it up with a silly idea like that!

Can't read it. A drunken monkey came an nicked it. Then sped off on a unicycle so I was unable to give chase.

If you read the hammer manual, it tells you how to achieve this without having to buy a separate tool.

I thought we were having a sensible discussion and you mess it up with a silly idea like that!

I remember being at a market once looking through tools, nearly all cheap Chinese sockets sets and screwdrivers, the sort of stuff that would break first time you used it. Seen a nice 4lb hammer, took it up to the man running the stall and asked him if it was working ok. He didn't know what way to look at me lol.

Anyway, an injector replacing a sparkplug? Madness. Does petrol even ignite under compression?

I suspect it'll be pretty reliable but it seems a shame to chuck away a perfectly usable set of injectors when the ignitor plugs are replaced every 50,000 - 60,000 miles.

But it will still need to use the voltage, so can't be what udayan is on about.

Everyone knew about diesel engines and we knew that there is no use of spark plug as the same way i prefer injectors for petrol engines and thy it reduces the pre firing of engines is in't it right.....?:blink1:

I remember being at a market once looking through tools, nearly all cheap Chinese sockets sets and screwdrivers, the sort of stuff that would break first time you used it. Seen a nice 4lb hammer, took it up to the man running the stall and asked him if it was working ok. He didn't know what way to look at me lol.

Anyway, an injector replacing a sparkplug? Madness. Does petrol even ignite under compression?

see have you ever tested petrol by using a closed cup apparatus, the diesel has an fire point at 120C and a petrol has a fire point at 80C. So, when a diesel can fire using an injector why can't a petrol be fired think a bit dude.... The only thing you have to do is reduce the pressure inside a piston while compression stroke........;)

So what you're talking about is a compression ignition engine that runs on petrol, right?

In which case what's the nonsense about spare 15kV? If the engine doesn't require electrical spark ignition then surely there's no sense in fitting it with a redundant ignition system.

You're talking in riddles.

Dont think that many people said it will not work but If it is that simple why do all petrol engines still use spark plugs

Possibly because that way works better using petrol ?

The two fuels do have completely different burn characteristics

There has been some research into compression ignition petrol engines but so far nothing's even reached the prototyping stage.

As TN says, if it was that simple . . . . . .

Back to the funny farm the lot of you.
GM and MB have been playing with compression ignition petrols for a while but nothings came to light about it. dont know what GM were doing with it but MB were having varible compression ratios depending on what the engine load is.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back