Upgraded cooper superchargers

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Does anyone know what the upgrade path is for the cooper supercharger?

I presume that a supercharger upgrade would give the most power gain but has anyone got any experience tuning the Coop S? Which mods have you done and which do you think worked the best?

rite my mates mini is a cooper s with the john cooper works package
he has put a inlarged crank pulley on his which is ment to give 10 bhp its a 2%
increase from standard you can get a 4% but the super charger needs modifin
and then thats about as far as you can go with the standard super charger
the pulley comes from a company called alta at around £110 and my mate says you can feel a diffrence in the car

Actualy I think you got it backwards, the smaller the pully size the more horsepower generated from the Supercharger, you can get up to a 15% reduced pulley without having to do any other mods though it is probably a good idea to look at you fuel injectors (might need to go bigger..JCW) as well as the smaller pulley you can get a lightened pully the helps reduce drag on the spin (not sure if this is really worth it though). Alta performance has all of these pullys available and they are very good guys to talk to.

I guess it depends which end you are talking about;) Thanks for the helpful pointers though they help to clarify things for us all.

What have you done to your cooper then lostintranslation?

so what's the difference between a standard cooper S charger, and a John Cooper Works charger? because the first thing JCS do is take off the standard eaton 45.

so what's the difference between a standard cooper S charger, and a John Cooper Works charger? because the first thing JCS do is take off the standard eaton 45.

Technically the m45 is exactly the same from a normal r53 cooper s to a jcw package, the only slight diffrence is the rotors on the s/c are teflon coated to reduce heat.

For upgraded superchargers for the mini its abit hit and miss really!

There is only 1 kit with is bolt on and can be done by anyone with abit of spannering knowledge!
That kit is the Sprintex supercharger kit which is about £2800!

Other than that you have the Rotrex supercharger conversion from RMW which is around $8000 from the U.S but its a tried and tested setup that produces some seriously good numbers!

There is also the Eaton 1320 tvs supercharger but these kits are very rare and require quite abit of cutom parts made! This charger is the replacement for the m45 charger!