Updated my clio!!

one in a million

Road Burner
Car
CLIO 182 YAY!!
here are the updates, the wheels turned out really nice, got a quote for a standard stainless steel exhaust system with 3.5 inch power flow tailpipes £430 life time warrenty and fitting, should look really good. So after christmas that will be done, next on the agenda is getting a TRACKER fitted got a quote for that £400 and that comes with a lifetime subscription for how ever long i own the car, other wise it 135 pound a year and 225 for the tracker.

Right question time........ i want a nice sound system nothing stupid just want a nice sounding tune with a a little base, 300w must be enough lol.

Any reccommendations on a make of sounds system, roughly spending about £350-£400?

Anyway heres the pictures.

Attachments

• P231010_11.25_[01].jpg
    P231010_11.25_[01].jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 4
  • P231010_11.24_[01].jpg
    P231010_11.24_[01].jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 3
  • P231010_11.24.jpg
    P231010_11.24.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 5
  • P231010_11_23f.jpg
    P231010_11_23f.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 4
Looking nice. Get your ICE in installments, spend money on quality parts and then grow the system. First off get a decent head unit and some nice rear speaker, then when money allows invest in an AMP and better front speakers and possible add a woofer or 7 inch for the bass.:)

well was going to go to an audio shop where they install as well, and i noticed you can buy under car seat subs with built in amps, i thought that was a good idea, what speakers do you reccomend

well was going to go to an audio shop where they install as well, and i noticed you can buy under car seat subs with built in amps, i thought that was a good idea, what speakers do you reccomend

My Apprentice has the same car as you, and got a deal from Halfords with a Head unit, 8" Sub, and two 6" front door speakers for £400 all in! Not a bad sound either surprisingly ;)

The underseat sub might be problem, it still needs quite a bit of room, also if you carry passengers in the back and you drive with your seat forward, they might end up using your sub for a footrest :sad2:

o right sounds good, but all halfords around my area are all novices, every worker in there doesnt no how to give advice. so i might pop into an audio shop aS they should be an expert on this subject but thanks anyway "T9 MAN"

My Apprentice has the same car as you, and got a deal from Halfords with a Head unit, 8" Sub, and two 6" front door speakers for £400 all in! Not a bad sound either surprisingly ;)

The underseat sub might be problem, it still needs quite a bit of room, also if you carry passengers in the back and you drive with your seat forward, they might end up using your sub for a footrest :sad2:

All "Sound" advice, I must say. Pricing I haven't the foggiest about but here's a tip to resolve the "Foot-rest" issue.

Take the seats off the mounting.

You will find there is ample space when you turn them over.

Take 4 metal strips of approximately 8" in length and 1" in width, with thickness that provides ample rigidity, but allows slightly malleability so that they can be curved to adjust for the difference in the outside dimensions of the sub bins and the inside width of the front-back supports of the seat.

Drill holes on the the front-back struts, of 1/4" inch diameter, and reciprocating holes on one end of the four strips.

Tighten with appropriate nuts & bolts.

Now drill smaller holes on the other end of the metal strips.

Now align the bins between these drop down strips and mark the hole on the bins making sure that, when installed, they happen to skim the floor of the car with at least 2" to spare.

Tighten the bins into the slots, bending the strips as required, making sure they do not hit the strut near the front end of the seats, when the seats are in the forward most positions.

Re-install the seats.

Now you have the bins moving forward and backward, along, with the movement of the seats, thus they are fully covered, and no mis-use occurs

Make sure that the presets of the built in amps are facing forward so they can be adjust by you and not ruined by indiscriminate kicking of the back seat passengers.

Lemme know if this helps....

Picassoonwheels

Last edited:
well thank alot for the advice, but im still umming and arring at the moment, i like the sound of the under car seat amp, but sounds like a bit of work, but then i could box it in, thanks for the advice people.

Looking good, liking the wheels. My sound system is really cheap.....................open windows and listen to that noise! Well my MG has nothing inside so I just use my 8gb phone memory and good old earphones! The decent sound system is in my Discovery.

I must admit to liking my music but never saw the point in huge sound systems that drained power and added weight to a sporty car.

thats the thing i dont want a huge sub, just want a sound system with a little base and a quality sound. thanks for the comments, i will look into the slimline subs today and get back to you. but at the end of the day the project of this car is to make it to my taste without making it look chavvy and boy racey in anyway. just want the smart appearance.