UPDATE on laguna gt 205

laguna gt 205

Car
laguna II gt 205
Just bought first mod for my laguna II gt 205 !!! A shiney new KTR dump valve from the guys at K-tec ! Will arrive tommorow and i'll have it fitted ASAP

Top Tip... The engine used in the laguna gt 205 is the very same one that renault use in the megane 225 ( all be it slightly de-tuned ) so ALMOST all engine mods for the renaultsport megane are interchangable with my car:bigsmile:

:confused:There is somethin thats bugging me though i was torn between two dump valves , one was the forge motorsport and one the ktr . The forge one had a blanking cap in the kit and the ktr keeps the old recirculating valve , i decided to go with the more expensive KTR BOV as i didn't like the idea of completley removing the recirculation valve , was i right to do this or doesn't matter ????:confused:

P.S KTR dump valve looks much better anyway

forge do a splitter valves that goes in the posistion of the standard diverter valve it sends back enough air to keep the maf happy and dumps the rest

Thanks for the update - that is interesting that your car is a detuned 225. I guess that's the power figure you are aiming at as a baseline now ;)

UPDATE ... well the dump valve is fitted and as for my previous comment of my engine being the 'same' as the meagane 225.... this is still true but the surrounding parts are all different , meaning the samco hoses that came with the valve and the connecting pipe from the air box need modding , do not fear though it is pretty easy to do with a sharp stanley blade (anyone who wants to know exacty how to do it let me know and i'll write it out step by step with pics).

Next step for me is probably cold air induction , but first need to find one that fits (with or without a little help from mr stanley blade) , then full exhast system which guessing buy how hard it is to find ANY Modifications for this car , it may have to be custom made :)blink:lots more £££'s) ,

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates - you're getting into modding now. (This bug gets expensive and there is no known cure!)

:lol: Good old Stanley! Instead of an induction kit why not smooth the airbox and cut some holes in the bottom! It's cheaper and will give the same (or better) power gains.

Someone should sell exhaust components which can be put together.

as per my other post on your other thread, Get to ITG and order one of thir foam filters. awsome. and exhaust go to your dealers for a twin exit exhaust and bodykit,