Unrestricted Autobahn?

glad i live in the states. we have the salt flats. nothing but smoot flat surface as far as the eye can see. its where they try to break the land speed record.

:lol: I live on the coast where there is lots of salty spray around from the sea. I can assure you it does not preserve it. It can make it taste better though;) I saw a 3 year old car which lived on the seafront that needed extensive welding to get it throught its MOT!

thats why you make sure you give it a really good scrubdown as soon as you get home. most likely won't be able to get everything but you can get about 95% of it off.

THe drive through carwashes are good for a late winter clean up as the spray underneath and remove a lot of the crud that's laden with salt. Wouldn't use them all year as they do tend to mark the paintwork with repeated use.

Put some Waxoyl on the chassis! I'm sure you must be able to get the same or similar in the US. Puts the weight of the car up, a little, I'm sure, but that's better than throwing it away in a few years time, especially if there's a lot of work gone into it!