understeer

steve09

Track Warrior
Car
Honda NSR 125R
i know a 306 1.9 dturbo understeers pretty bad when pushed hard, i know from personal experiance cos my mate flipped his an slid it half way down the road on its side with me in it cos it understeerd. what im trying to find out is, does the petrol 306 spesifically the 1.8XS understeer that bad? im looking to get a new car and i was after an audi a4 but the insurance is pretty high an the pug is only 6.

most cars are set up to understeer as its safer. most pug suffer from lift off oversteer. its a case of - oh bejesus lift off and suddenly your going backwards

ah i like a bit of oversteer :) much better than understeer, makes driving a whole lot more fun. ill have to remember that lift off oversteer if i get a pug

you get it with any car. when you come off the throttle the engine bogs down transfering the weight to the front, remember the engine lifts up under acceleration. its just that pugs seem to suffer badly from it

Indeed the lift off oversteer enables much faster cornering. In the Rover 220 I had which was also prone to lift off oversteer would get round really sharp corners if I lifted off the throttle and the back stepped out. You just needed to catch it with a quick countersteer.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back