Under car neons or leds?

SK

Hiya all
I was woundering if anyone knew which is better for undercar light led's or neons.Also what colour do you think would got best with my mk5 fiesta its red.?

Cheers guys

Hi SK - there are so many around it is hard to choose. Officially red neons can only show to the rear of the car. Personally my fave is blue pulsing neons and this should look good under a red car, but I see nothing wrong particularly with LEDS under the car it just gives a different effect.

leds last longer, and are more durable, ive got them under my car, and they are great

cheers for your replies guys

Or..... Spend your money on something actually useful :)

Ignore me, my name says it all :)

Mind you, they are nothing new. Back in the 70s one of the custom crazes was to jack the rear end up and light up the axle, usually with red fog lamps (LEDs and Neons didn't exist).

need neons fitted..

hi - does anyone know of anywhere that i can have the neons, in footwell, under car etc - supplied and fitted? Im in kent but would travel if needed... cheers..

i would have though any local garage could do this, you used to be able to get them through halfords, dunno about now, but im sure they can get them in again and im sure they will fit them too

i would have though any local garage could do this, you used to be able to get them through halfords, dunno about now, but im sure they can get them in again and im sure they will fit them too

halfords wont normally order in anything they dont already stock, as for fitting have always found halfords to charge over the odds for the most simplest of tasks.

if you have the right 'how to' guide and dont rush it, its an easy enough job to do yourself :)

thankyou to you both for your replies.. thats great news ! I am sure halfords still stock them but wasnt aware that they fit them.. I will give them a ring now.. unfortunately I will have to pay over the odds to have them fitted as really cant do it myself.. thanks so much.

Make sure you get a switch so you can turn them off from inside the car. Strictly speaking they are for off road and show use only ;)

I've never fancied lighting the underside of car. I, too, must be an honorary OG as it seems superfluous really.

And why would I want to draw attention to the the road dirt and crap accumulated underneath my car? I'd perhaps best spend the money on a jet wash machine

leds would generally last longer, and if one breaks the whole light isnt screwed
but neons generally have a more luminous look sorta like black lights, so both have advantages

I'm with OG and HDi on this. Each to their own and all that, but they're a bit too fast and furious for me. They won't look right without a body kit, and a body kit won't look right anyway...

u said its too much fast and furious....well for me it cant be too much fast and furious:lol::lol:and neons have no point if car isnt lowered...they just wont be seenable enought...and ofc they look best with body kit(for me the body kit is the first and necesary mod on the car,but ofc not some too "basterdised"but defenetly seenable)...:lol: