Ultrasonics and robots

malc9141

Torque Junkie
Yesterday, I was parked against the kerb, about to leave when the woman in the car in front exited. Just as I was letting in the clutch, BIG BLACK SHINY FWD comes alongside her space to reverse in. No probs. Except, he takes about 4 (quite nice) slices to get in, then backs right up against my front.

I hoot to make my presence felt, hoping he'll move forward.

Out he hops, young handsome, his features Parian Porcelain, his head sculpted marble, and says, smugly, "It's all right, mate. I've got sensors. No chance of hitting you."

The fact that his brilliant sensors have totally boxed me in doesn't occur to him.

Enter the Robo-Driver. The new menace.

Malc :cheesy:

Audi have a new parking assist that uses ultrasonics and will take over the steering when you want to park the car. IMHO this is getting really silly. If you can't perform a basic manoeveur like this you shouldn't be on the road.

Using your parking sensors to jam a car in is very inconsiderate parking, yet if you clipped his car I bet he would not be best pleased!

if that happens and you 'd like a little fun rip small sections of electrical tape off and place them over each sensor (if they're the type you can see). The next time he starts his car they'll just continue to make a high pitched squeal until he removes the tape !

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back