UK petrol prices set to hit £1.20 per litre

"2008 saw some record prices. Diesel seems to be consistently more expensive than petrol."

In India Diesel is always priced much below petrol. currently it is about Rs 40 per litre(about 55p per litre in your currency)

it was September time if I remember rightly, until then it had started slowly deflating down to about 89.9p for Unleaded, then shot up about 4p overnight. Scumbuckets.

i remember back before 2000, unleaded was about 50p a litre at the local station. ahh good times, of course i was only 11 so i couldnt really enjoy it!

the oil barons are having a laugh, the price of crude oil has dropped by half since the middle of last year, but prices of petrol continue to rise. in an economy built around the internal combustion engine this is going to get ugly, a friend of mine has already had to drop his job since the cost of getting there almost outweighed the earnings gained.

we are being mugged on the garage forecourt, plain as day.

I agree , the fuel hike is not needed at this time in our economy , people are still struggling after the rescession which i might add might be over for some but is still current for others, and it will still go up more in the budget robbing us blind me thinks :mad:

its great the news is telling us its going up and shell reported yestarday that they are sacking 1000 staff to save $1billion and increasing production so in theroy the price of oil should drop even more.

when i started driving it was 79p a ltr

the one person to blame for this is Alistair Darling. the only reason the pertorl price need be gbp1.20 is becuase of his insane hikes in this very fragile economy. Not sure which univeristy he has a degree from but when an economy is teetering on the brink you do not increase the tax on a commodity that will effect the price of everything in the economy and push the inflation rate up.
interest rates will have to rise to cope with the increase in inflation, pushing more into foreclosure and putting more pressure again on the economy.

Of course there robbing us blind thats Oppression for you sorry if i offend anyone but my opinion on politics does not involve much acceptance or dependance. come on car tax, pay enough already don,t we without it being wacked on the fuel prices. My car does 3000 a year if that anymore with my tax thats 15p a mile i pay to use the roads that are just a mess.

Here in Bangalore, Petrol prices have jumped by 3 Rupees to 53 Rupees a litre, (about 85p per litre)

well i know where im moving too :cheesy:

these prices are stupid! isnt petrol supposed to be at its lowest price to buy? yet they charge us a fortune

Yes, you guys in the UK are really taking a hit. I was going through some of my old dairies, and find that I paid 4 Shillings and 8 pence for a Gallon of petrol, -Old British Currency) would be equal to about 58p in your present currency for a GALLON of Petrol(One gallon is slightly more than 4 1/2 litres-4.54 litres to be exact)- about 12 p a litre today!!!-

To get back to the subject of UK petrol prices: On another trip to the UK in 1965, I paid-In London- 5 shillings and 6pence for a gallon of Petrol(about63 pence per Gallon or 14p per litre!

Last edited: