UK Fuel shortages

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I've just been ripped off by a petrol station 1.28p per litre! Reports are coming in of fuel shortages where deliveries have been hampered by the snow.

It does look like petrol stations are taking advantage of the crisis and hiking up the prices.

I doubt it will come down again even when the new VAT rate goes into force in January!

Why Waynne?? I have woke up in a good mood this morning, and now you are going to set me off again after taking about fuel!!! :evil:

I know what you mean. The shop by me sell two types of sarnies. They sell ones in packets and they sell beguettes. The beguettes are usually priced at £2.49 but seen as the normal sarnies haven't been delivered they have put the beguettes they make them selves up to £3!!!! Bar stuards!!!

Fuel is a joke. The government know that they could set it at £2 a L and we would still buy it. So they are taking our pants down and raping us. Fuel protests via blocking rigs is now seen as a form of terrorisum, and under the lorry drivers trade unions, they are unable to preform acts of terrorism.

I think all the guy's and gals from TC should go and start a blockade! :bigsmile:

Maby wate untill May though, little cold just now :embarrest:

Some fuel stations are nothing but glorified robbers! I expect to walk into a station one day and be served by an attendent wearing a bandit mask! :(
There's making a profit and then there's taking the P out of us! :(

They are shameless and obviously drink an awful lot of Horlicks to still sleep at night :amazed:

Some fuel stations are nothing but glorified robbers! I expect to walk into a station one day and be served by an attendent wearing a bandit mask! :(
There's making a profit and then there's taking the P out of us! :(

They are shameless and obviously drink an awful lot of Horlicks to still sleep at night :amazed:

The last fuel station on the M6 North bound trid to sell me a pack of ten L+B for £4.10 TWO YEARS AGO!!! I told them I only wanted 10 and they said ''that is ten sir'' I told em where to go, and drove 2 and a half hours up the road to get to a good petrol station in Perth where they were about £2.90.

Its a damn con to rip everyone off. hardly any petrol stations are suffering from shortages but it seems that some of the media is on a crusade to stir up nonsense (damn 'Scotsman' newspaper).
waynne, think your right this is just an excuse to hike the price again and it will not drop. Oil is only USD90/barrel so why is petrol now so expensive as when the oil price was at USD130/barrel the petrol price was at these levels?
thieving bandits.

haha i paid that yesterday for Vpower. saying that they had no diesel at all - both normal and v power were out. and could have only had limited petrol left as the pump i went to only had v power as did the ones ether side and only seen on normal petrol pump not covered over.

looks like people are panic buying - i meant to fill the jerry can as well incase i got stuck today but a tank should see me down to manchester and back no problem

I feel for you guys, i really do, i was shocked to discover yesterday that my local station had put fuel up to 120.9p/ltr and on monday will be changing from a Shell to a BP station so it'll go up even more.

Well I'm off the Bahrain again late next year. Am looking forward to buying fuel out there. It is at an all time high at 11p a L!!

How am I going to afford that!!!

Well I'm off the Bahrain again late next year. Am looking forward to buying fuel out there. It is at an all time high at 11p a L!!

How am I going to afford that!!!

11p/ltr! how is that even possible? how much does diesel cost over there?

159ltr barrels of crude oil make roughly 75ltrs of petrol and 40 of diesel
at 11p/ltr for petrol thats £8.25 and it costs $90 (roughly £75) to produce every barrel

they're a generous bunch over there aren't they!

Can you take a long hosepipe with you and pump some back to us?

Not sure I can do that, but I wonder how much I can get past customs! :bigsmile:

Big Fat Fatty - The cost is dirt cheep out there. Bahrain is the main trading centre of the middle east. And they only have one major thing to trade in the middle east. I was shocked the first time I filled up last year. The guy said (after filling up a nissan tiida) that will be 3 dinah 500 fills. Witch is like £5.70 in real money. I was gob smacked.

I'll bring you some back as a present if you like! :toung:

You could dry it out for us all and then all we have to do is add water!

Prices are really shooting up. We'll probably be stuffed for £1.50 before the next year is out!