UK fuel duty calculator updated

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
The UK fuel duty calculator has been updated to reflect the latest changes.

http://www.torquecars.com/tools/Fuel-tax-calculator.php

Of my annual fuel cost of £1404 I pay £880.83 in tax! (9000 miles per year at 37.8 mpg)!

This is getting silly. Not only are we taxed more heavily but the cost of fuel keeps going up anyway!

I seem to recall that high fuel prices exacerbated the recession as it was starting out.

The whole thing is bizarre.

I still dont understand why the car tax bandings jump so much from K to L. From K to L there's a 200 quid jump, but from L to M is only 10 or 20 quid.

It makes NO sense that a 2.8 Insignia is 200 quid more a year than a 2.5 Focus, but a 1000hp Bugatti Veyron is only 10 quid more than the Insignia.

My local garage is offering cheep fuel! They are not advertising it tho!!! I never fill up there, as 98 Octain is usually 6p more than there unleaded, witch is now set at £1,31.9

I got cought short this mornin and needed to top up, so I went to put a quick 10er in to get to work and back, and noticed the price said £1,24.9!!! :bigsmile: Happy days.

I asked the guy why (the owener's son) and he said its because no one buys it and the stuff in the tanks is donkeys old!! So they are still selling it at the original price before the fuel hike!!! I told him not to tell anyone! :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

I aint tellin no one around here, cos people will start filling there focus's and astra's up for no reason, other than it being cheep. Us 98+ octaine guys have to stick together!!! :lol:

Its a bit of a treck, and im pretty safe to know, no one els here lives in elgin so I'll let slip. Its the Buckaneer garage (famous for its large selection of whiskey) on the way out of Elgin. I think I might frame the recipt! lol :lol:

TAX TAX TAX, its the only thing that the UK is good for now. absolutely ridiculous penalising everyone like this. Note how the global warners have shut their mouths with all the snow coming again this year, perhaps the givt shld get a pair and actually cut the fuel duty before the next general election - pretty sure a 10-20p tax cut in the fuel price would ensure they get in for another term!

TAX TAX TAX, its the only thing that the UK is good for now. absolutely ridiculous penalising everyone like this. Note how the global warners have shut their mouths with all the snow coming again this year, perhaps the givt shld get a pair and actually cut the fuel duty before the next general election - pretty sure a 10-20p tax cut in the fuel price would ensure they get in for another term!

They will do what Tony did (TWICE!) wate untill 6 months before hand and lower the cost of fuel by about 15p. Its all robbery.:mad:

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
has this country come on since the days of kings n queens ruling. they taxed us to death then, its no different now, except because of the wonders in medicine, you live longer and have to put up with more.

when the price hit what it is now a few years ago evry where went on strike, so why are now suddenly accepting it and basicly getting up the rear from this goverment and also the last under big fat gordon ?

out of europe, we should be one of the richest goverments as we are taxed the most as a nation. yet we are always skint and cutting services, sending millions and millions out as foriegn aid, fighting and starting wars that have, (lets face it ) nothing to do with us at all.

think thats all for now lol

Lets face it, its the united nations that are costing us a lot of money. We currently pay Billions per year to be a member. And why?? There is no need. Countries like Spain and France get all the money. New ships to fish in our waters, new bridges costing Billions at a time, new buildings for meetings and what not. We are paying for the whole of Europe. We need to be Brittish and not European.

What if your bank goes bust. Yeah you may only have a few grand in there, maby 10K, and to a bank, that is nothing, they will just say tough. But to the owner of the money, that is your life saving, your backup, your deposit on a house, yours and your childrens future gone. When the credit crunch hit, my Mam lost neerly 10K in oversea savings. She works 3/4 days a week as an occupatinal health nurse, earing around 20-24k a year. 10k along with a morgage, car, living expences is a lot to save up. And its gone and no one could care less. Its disgusting. Save Save Save, I have always been told. But why? What is the point, if you can scrounge and get everything paid for. You save all your life and need a home when you hit 70. You pay for it and your kids get nothing. You bum by all your life and hit 70 with nothing, it gets paid for you. WHY SAVE?? Your money should always be save, you should always get a minimum return on savings and you should never lose it.