Tyre upgrade?

TypeR-Fusion

Tuner
Coming to this time of year where the weather seems to be wet and slipery I was thinking on improving on my tyres. I have the manufacturer's original civic Type R alloys. The recommendation is to use bridgestone tyres, which I have. Can I use upgraded tyres , without changing the alloys, in order to get a better and stronger grip on the road which will improve traction.

Is this safe for me to do or will I have to purchase a whole new set of alloys and tyres.

You don't have to change your wheels, just your tyres. So long as you keep to the same size, speed andload rating you can use whatever manufacturer of tyre you like.

I personally think Michelin have the best wet weather tyres. Perhaps a Pilot sport takes your fancy? They are expensive but seem to last longer than some of the other softer compound tyres. I also really rate Eagle F1's but they do not last me very long!

ANother very good tyre is the Avon ZZ3. I had a set of these on my old Micra and Celica and both of the stuck to the road like poo to a blanket whatever the weather.