Tyre styling tips

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
The tyres are often overlooked when it comes to styling. There are 2 main methods to create something unique and potentially stunning.

1) Smoothing - this involves the use of sandpaper to remove all markings on the side of the tyre. It is a free mod and easy to DIY and apparantly is becomming quite popular. (It makes getting replacements more of a challenge though if you can't remember the sizes.)

2) Paint - A classic look where the maker of the tyre is picked out in white paint. It probably doesn't work if you have Nakdang Remoulds but if you have a good strong brand it can look good.

What are your thoughts on tyre styling? Can you think of any other ways to style your tyres rather than just using that black shiny polish stuff.

White wall tires look good on the right car. I'm not sure about smoothing the tires though, but I suppose if you cheap out and buy cheap tires you can make them look they are not cheap! My styling tip would be to buy Yokohama or Toyo tires so that people can see you like performance.

i think it was on overhauling they actually made custom tread patterns for 1 of the cars bet that costs a bit

yeah landrover did it for a concept car as well looked nice but wouldnt like to try and get a replacement.
agreed with price white walled tyres do look got on certain cars, classics rolls and such like

i have white lettering on the trans am tyres and they have to be would not put any thing else on there
as for the volvo just a wash will do them lol did have it washed by the boys out the first and they put some of the silcon on there has stayed on there for a long time
but have to wash it now as the last few shows i have been to have been on the show stand for the pontiac club ok a volvo is not a trans am but i am the events manager so take every thing boot is always full
and i cant help if the trac is switched off and the wheels are spinning lol