Tyre selection... HELP!!!

jarrus

Pro Tuner
Car
Suzuki Swift Sport
Looking for some performance tyres to fit my old 14" 306 alloys or possibly some saxo vtr or gti pepper pots (the 14" ones also) to fit my 205 TD

Iwill want to eventually use this as a track day car as well as a daily driver.

I only drive 5 miles each way to work and any long journeys I will mostly cover in the 306 so creature comforts aren't such a big thing in the 205.

Problem I'm having is that I want to use 185/55 R14 tyres and I can't seem to find a performance tyre for that size, sure I can get track day tyres but I don't want to shell out for them seeing I will do most of my driving on the road (I actually want some wet weather performance)

About the only ones I could find were Dunlop SP Sport 01's and reading the description I don't consider them a performance road tyre like my Yokohama Parada spec 2s I have on my 306 (they don't do those in the size I want.....)

Does any one have and suggestions?

FYI this is the tyres size that Saxo VTR owners use if that helps.

Those falkens do look good admittedly and the Yokohama s.drive's are also worth a look,

Why can't manufactures make there good tyres in a wider variety of sizes?

The problem I've got is that as good as those tyres are that you've suggested they probably wouldn't hack it at a track day.

Falken 912s are asymetric as well. I've used them before and they're ok, the 452s that followed are by far a better tyre. Surely you want a directional tyre for both?

Why 14s mate? If you use road tyres on the track make sure they've been worn in properly (to around 5mm).

I guess I just like the look of the vtr wheels and they suit a 205, I did consider 15" then I can use a 195/45 15 tyre then I can get a goodyear eagle f1 gsd3, but I'm not sure they 195's will fit under the arches

Are 55 profile stock value? Asking because if OEM profile is 60 then you can use 195/50 r15 tires and that dimension is very often for performance tires and besides that it is reasonable priced.

Tyres on it now are 165/70/13 i think, I'm using 195/50/15's on the 306, i'm not sure if 195's will fit under the arches though and I think that use the same tyre size as the 306 will put the speedo out by miles,

The GTI uses 185/55/15's though so I would think that 195's would be ok