Type S to Type R

Markos

Car
Civic Type S
I have a civic Type S 2.0l. I was looking to boost performance without breaking the bank, and try and locate those extra 40horses that Honda managed in the Type R. I have a K&N Typhoon induction, which is great but was really not sure where to go from there perhaps chipping and cams?

Any help would be great!

tcsmileysign.gif

How much are you looking to spend on it? The Type R and S are quite different beasts, I think the main differences are in the head, cam profile and mapping but I wouldn't be surprised if the type R engine is also balanced and strengthened.

A remap will make a notiable difference to the Type S.

I have a civic Type S 2.0l. I was looking to boost performance without breaking the bank, and try and locate those extra 40horses that Honda managed in the Type R. I have a K&N Typhoon induction, which is great but was really not sure where to go from there perhaps chipping and cams?

Any help would be great!

Tbh mate, if you don't have a large budget then you won't make up that 40bhp. If you really wanted to give it a go then you will need to do all the usual stuff (i.e. exhaust, cold air intake, cams, headers, etc) and then look towards a turbo conversion. The best way you can boost performance is to make the car handle better. Coilovers, strut braces, anti-roll bars and poly bushes are all a good way to spend money.

If it was me, I'd save up for the K20 swap instead.

The only way is to sell the CTS and buy a CTR.
The CTR motor is fitted with hand selected racing parts,blue-printed and balanced.
Evidently they have never had a blown engine ...pretty good record IMHO:p

Good luck and keep smiling.