Type-r swap

ROSS DUNCAN

Car
accord 1.8 vtech s
HI guys not been on for a bit was thinking about swaping the 1.8 vtech for a type-r has anyone got any advise on this and do you think the wiring would be a problem cheers in advance :D

The easiest swap for you then will be the Type R engine of the same year. That's a H22A (same as the Prelude). It will fit no problem, wiring won't be a problem but you will need everything from the H22A to make it work.

take it you mean the gearbox ,wiring loom and the ecu do you no if the engine mounts are in the same place

hi there im thinking of doing the same thing as this guy only mine is the 2.0L honda accord se 2001 but i also want to polish an port the type r engine an give it a good cleaning could you please tell me if this is possible an im guessing im looking at big money to do it but id rather put hundreds in a car then spend thousands on buying another but if the mounts are different how will it fit will we have to weld new ones on to our car?

would i be better stripping my original 2.0 engine down, cleaning it, getting the head polished an ported an upgrating the valves, valve springs an valve cam then re-building it or would it be cheaper an better to fit the type r engine an the accessories either way im getting a cat-back system exhaust too with a 3 inch bore i just want more tourque

would i be better stripping my original 2.0 engine down, cleaning it, getting the head polished an ported an upgrating the valves, valve springs an valve cam then re-building it or would it be cheaper an better to fit the type r engine an the accessories

Not worth doing. Fitting the engine from a Type R would be much more worthwhile

either way im getting a cat-back system exhaust too with a 3 inch bore

3 inch is too big. All you'll get is noise. 2.5 is the biggest you'll want as it's the best for flow vs back pressure.

i just want more torque

You shouldn't have bought a Honda then tbh. Hondas don't do torque.

Fair point on the torque reply, you say to fit the type r engine ideally but didn't you or someone else say previously that the engine mounts where placed differently on the type r engine than on the stock 2.0 B engine? I'm guessing I'd have to physically move and weld them in the right place myself?

I have found a garage that will do the work for me just waiting to get a price for the job expecting it to be a few ££££££££ lol but think it will be worth it will let yous no how i get on