twin cams

creature

Torque Junkie
Car
mg zs 1.8
looking a bit lonely in the mg forum, so here we go. Ive got a twin cam mg zs 1.8 if i was to upgrade to road cams would i have to take any special precautions considering i have two cams rather than one?

You'll find that the more posts there are in a section the more people will join up with those cars. (So the MG forum will fill up more quickly now.)

The cams are fitted in pairs, overlap is the only thing you want to avoid. If the exhaust opens fractionally at the same time as the intake you can get all sorts of nasty things happening. If you buy a pair then this is taken into account.

Always change the cam belt & tensioner. Check the valve springs as well whilst the head is open.

Which cams are you going for then?

np more the merrier. i was looking at kent cams as they seem to have a long establised success rate. If anyone can reccomend a specific set then please be my guest. im doing so much jumping from car to car i dont have time to research them all lol. (i havent crashed them i just get bored with them:))

Motobuild managed to Turbo a VVC - that was quite impressive. It was not particularly reliable but they were chasing Evos and Imprezas with it.

Don't go too mad with the cam profile - fast road is sufficient. Any more and you will get a lumpy idle.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back