Tweaking my mk2 polo

gogs101

Car
Polo mk2f 1.3 Coupe
Hi guys, pretty new driver here, looking to give my OLD polo a little more of a kick without cranking up the insurance (if they needn't know then even better :wink:)

Thinking of replacing/fitting a panel air filter or something, then maybe some new (possibly sporty) spark plugs.

Any suggestions for particular brands to go for (or avoid) for either of them?

Any more ideas for small tweaks i could make?

Cheers

btw its a 94 mk2 polo facelift version with the 1.3 carb engine

Hello and welcome to the site mate

please dont with hold anything from the insurance company - if you cant afford it dont do it.

ask your insurance about a reusable panel filter - dont say performance - they might be ok with it as it doesnt give much power anyway, nor does an induction kit, as for brand the gains are so little really they are much the same.

seeing as its an old engine when were the jets last redone in the carb ?

Yeah only joking really about the insurance thing to be honest. But thanks for the advice on how to tell them, like saying its a 'replacable clean air filter' rather than a 'sports performance filter'. Nice.

Given it a check over and turns out its the 1.3 injection version, being made after 92 and being the facelift version.

Been told to check out some Denso spark plugs, and get the oil changed to some decent quality synthetic stuff.

Any other tips you'd provide (I know I'm not gonna end up with a supercar here, just doing it for the fun mainly, it's my first car)

Cheers