TVR Mods

C

Cerbera

I know it doesn't mention TVR's in the list of "supercars" for the forum, but I'd say that they meet most of the criteria.

Up to last year I had a Cerbera 4.2 V8 and I'm planning to get a Cerbera 4.5 in the next couple of years.

The thing I was wondering is if anybody thinks you could get a supercharger, or possibly turbo for it, and if so what sort of costs, mods and results you could expect.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

I think they do also count as supercars, if we get a few more members we'll give them a special mention. Feel free to use the supercar forum in the interim.

A supercharger would be the best option. The engine would need extensive work to allow you to extract the full power from the supercharger. I think around 2-3k is about the right margin for a TVR supercharger kit.

You may well find the engine is used in another model of car and this could well widen your options.

The big push in recent years has been complete engine transplants into Cerbs. Namely GM LS1's from Corvettes. Even a poorly one will make more power than the Cerb, and with near bulletproof reliability. It's not the cheapest of installs, but when you consider that most turbo and supercharger kits would necessitate you to change pistons and possibly a cam swap, it's marginal as to the cost difference.

The AJP8, although a very good engine, was in some cases run on the ragged edge for it to produce the power it does, so adding forced induction may shorten the lifespan of certain parts. Having said that, I've not seen the AJP8 in anything other than N/A race format, so it's difficult to say.