Turbocharging or Supercharging a 2002 Ford Fiesta 1.6 RSi's rocam engine

Dharvish

Car
'02 Fiesta 1.6 RSi
So my dad, brother and I got our hands on a 2002 Ford Fiesta 1.6 RSi last year, and it's been one of the most fun cars we have ever owned! The previous owner installed a Viper Performance F1 exhaust, bored the pistons 20thousanths of an inch and installed low compression pistons. The car has top end power but struggles with acceleration, especially under 2000 RPM. We assume it's because of the low compression pistons. I have however been told that this is conducive to installing a turbo or supercharger. I'd like a performance mod that will better the fuel consumption as well as help the engine run better and solve the problem of substandard performance, especially under 2000 RPM. I'd like to know what I need to turbocharge or supercharge a Ford Fiesta 1.6 RSi and which one would be better for what I want out of the car.

They are like go carts, and you've tuned yours into a rocket! AWESOME!

Have you looked into a 3 or 5 angle valve job and head flowing? That can do a lot to improve fuel atomisation and low end torque.

It'll be interesting to put your car on a rolling road and see if it start running rich or lean, that will give you an indicator on whether to add more air or fuel. My guess is that it is running rich now and needs more air. If you take off the air filter briefly does this improve matters a little?

A rotrex supercharger at modest boost should suit your setup quite nicely, but you MUST get the mapping spot on.

The current cam profile is probably not that well suited to the engines new compression ratio.