Turbo upgrade and remap

I would. Air to Fuel mixture is likely to change. Pull from the turbo will change, what time your turbo kicks in will change.

Id say if your upgrading for performance reasons and spending £1000+ on a turbo, then neglecting simple remap would be daft. The performance change would be massive.

I would. Air to Fuel mixture is likely to change. Pull from the turbo will change, what time your turbo kicks in will change.

Id say if your upgrading for performance reasons and spending £1000+ on a turbo, then neglecting simple remap would be daft. The performance change would be massive.

Got it. But what do you mean by simple remap? I guess I would need a custom remap in that case, which is always costly.

Depends on what you would call costly. Some places charge you a one off sum (around £200/£300) and others will charge you about £500 for your initial and then every time you go back to them, they just charge you an hourly rate.

I went for the second option, as I am now planning my second remap after some work getting done. This will only cost me about two hours of labour so it works out cheaper.

Im sure some will start to comment now about what is involved in a custom remap. But what I'd sugest (what I think is a custom remap) is find somone that sits in the car as you drive around. I don't like the idea of a rolling road remap.

Seems like I have to go to the tuning shop and check what is their policy for remaps. Have not really thought about it before, thanks, very helpful :)