turbo question

The 900gm is already turbocharged, so adding a bigger turbo is just down to plumbing it in really, boost will last longer but come on a bit later IIRC.

To get the REAL performance gain you need to remap the car or adjus the carb if it is not fuel injected. What year is the 900?

its a 97 turbo conv i intend getting it re mapped i just seen this going cheap on ebay think the guy said it was a redtop i dont know what that means

Last edited:
Red top is one of those vague terms like stage 1, it generally means it's been designed and built for racing. I'm not sure I'd buy it TBH, it's probably had a rough life already - check the history and reason for selling.

can i put a high presure turbo from a 9000 on a 900gm without mods and would there be much of a gain in performance

Yes, you can.

I myself have a 1995 900 SE turbo, with a TD04 ^6cm exhaust housing from a 9000 aero on it. You have to fab up a custom intake pipe and your intercooler tubes will need a bit of adjusting. The hardest part is clocking the TD04 wastegate to work on the NG900 downpipe. I myself have a T25 wastegate clocked from the TD04 turbo.

To the above who said it has probably had a rough life, who cares TBH, the TD04 from the 9k aero is a tough turbo, it can take a bit of abuse. Ask the seller to check shaft play, if there is little to none then buy away. Make sure it is the ^6cm exhaust housing, if it is the ^5cm then it is not a large enough performance gain to bother swapping as you can upgrade your stock T25 to a T28 which is bigger and stronger.

If you have anymore questions, let me know, I can help guide you through the swap.