turbo prob

matrix406

Torque Junkie
Car
pug 406
i think by the sound an the noise my turbo shaft has snapped so does anyone know of the cheapest place but good to get it changed. havin it comfermed on monday

For turbo repair AET in wakefield comes very highly recommended in my circles. If they can remove the old shaft without damage the bearing cartridge, you're looking at around £300 plus VAT for a new shaft, turbine and re-balance. (and a general clean-up).

Turbo technics are also very good.

i take it you think its a ko3 turbo. what will i need to look for from a breakers yard. eg millage on car etc. whats the diff between the ko3 and ko4

KO4 is the turbo off the bigger powered 1.8s 210bhp -240 bhp standard and its the same ones on the S4.
not a direct bolt on in most cases.
you could look for a K03s turbo from the 180 engines (think audi had them at 190 due to the extra losses through the quattro) this is a mid way between the two, it has half the internals off the K03 and half of the K04, not exactly a direct bolt on as the coolant and oil lines are different however it should fit the exhaust manifold and downpipe where as the K04 will require the bigger manifold and a fabricated downpipe

just for info if you go into VW Audi etc the K03s doesnt exist supposidly its just the K03 with different part numbers

thanks for that i've got a ko3 turbo off a quattro comin with the hose bits i need to change as well. its a 18months old recon one off a guy in wales i used to know. so thumbs up there. hoping it comes tomorrow an then it gets fitted sat. yipie

i was wondering if any of you lot had a good ko3/ko3s turbo laying around an want to sell it. but not for stupid money though.
cheers everyone

got a good k03s only 36k done by it but i need it as it currently on my car ;)
sorry, check out ebay just make sure you buy form a uk seller and not the china crap

that or start trawling the scrappys

does anyone know if the ko3 turbo fitted to other vag cars are the same fitment. i've found one but its of a a3 but need to check it fits before buying it

i think the only different fitments were between the longatdinal and transverse engines.
can you give more details of your car age and ill see what part numbers show up for it.

my engine number is aeb075344 and it a a4 1.8t 20v sport 97 reg (r reg). 150bhp its a fwd car.

all i know bout the a3 is its a 1.8t 20v 150bhp 98 reg
thats all i know bout the a3. lookin at the pic the casing with the part number on it is a bit longer an has an elbow

hope it helps mate

nah mate there different.
theres only 1 turbo avalible for your car 058 145 703 LX
the 98 A3 has 8 different turbos avalible for the 1.8 none of which match your part number.
if the cold side is different you could make them fit i know there was several varations to the intake pipe form the airbox to the turbo was different
see if you could get the down pipe off the a3 and cut the flange off. this might allow you to connect it up by cutting off your flange and welding the other one on

still trying to get my way around vag part numbers, i think the last letter is just a variation on the original.
more so when it shows as an X at the end

start collecting bits for it now them.

intake manifold and fuel rail from 225.
Maf housing and Maf
turbo intake pipe
down pipe and cat.
oil lines / coolant lines.
and of course the turbo itself

theres a couple of companies that will do you and exchange your K03 / K03s for another but bored out and fitted with the K04 internals for around a grand.