Turbo lag

steve500

Car
Accord Estate
Hello, i have just had my 55 plate Accord 2.2 diesel tourer for just over a week now and i can not believe the amount of turbo lag there seems to be at low revs not that it bothers me that much as i am not a boy racer. If i got the engine remapped for more power would this remedy this or give me more lag?

You might have a sticky wastegate. The 2.2 diesel should be plenty torquey low down even before the turbo kicks in. Does the cars performance match the makers figures?

(Welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you along!)

Regarding the sticking waste gate i don't know how i would check that? I have given it some right foot exercise yesterday and performance wise it does certainly shift, maybe i just need to change my driving technic in this new car.
I will just have to save a bit of money now to get the remap done.

Thanks for your response.

No worries. It takes a while to get used to the new engines characteristics but a remap will really lift performance to the max.;)

A sticking wastegate will typically take a bit longer to open than normal. You really need to compare with another similar model or get it up on a full diagnostic setup.

Hi, iam finally getting around to getting my Accord remapped just before i get it done i just have a query. I live in Warrington and there is a tuning place near here that use Starchips, price fitted £391. But there is a place in Manchester called DCP tuning and they say they can do it for £199. Has anybody had any dealings with DCP?