Turbo kit for FTO?

tonymcnicol

Car
FTO 2.0GPX
hello everyone, im new to the site to start off with. i have just put in the v6 mivec engine into my car, it has the manual gbox. im still in the process of sorting out the wiring loom ect, and this 'idea' popped into my head..i would like (if its poss) to get a turbo kit and all the extras/bits required that would be compatable with my engine. i have asked a different website previously and the answer i got was ''it would be cheaper and more ideal to put in a galant vr4 engine''. now considering i just bought the mivec i dont really fancy buying anymore engines! so any help with this will be much appreciated.

Tony

Thanks for the quick reply, yeah i figured its not going to be a simple task, would a supercharger be a possible? i seen there are also them electric turbo's that run off the battery but im not convinced they are any good to be honest. im willing to throw any kind of cash at it if i have to, obviously if there is an easier way then please do tell, i just want more power! any more advice is again much appreciated.

Tony

In some instances a supercharger is easier to fit than a turbocharger. But on some cars this can mean the sacrifice of ancillary equipment i.e. AC pump and pulleys to make room for it. Purely depends on the car the size of the supercharger and what's in the way to allow it to be fitted. All things can be overcome again its down to money.
Hopefully somebody with more knowledge on this subject will be along to advise you further.