Turbo Integra

Hey and welcome to the site

it says its a bolt on job but gaining 50% power ( sorry this is the top kit im looking at ) so id be a little worried about the compression as most hondas already run high as it is. I would have thought adding 75-100 bhp would have required low compression pistons

I met a guy who had put a turbo on his 1.6 Civic. The whole job was a nightmare and took a lot of effort and time. He had to practically rebuild his engine to make it fit. If you stick with a low boost level you will probably be fine with this bolt on kit.

It is worth noting that if something is not fit for the purpose it was sold for you are entitled to a refund. I would ask them for references from happy customers - if they can't supply any look somewhere else. I usually recommend a supercharger instead of a turbo on the Integra engines, as the power delivery is smoother and easier to remap for.

I met a guy who had put a turbo on his 1.6 Civic. The whole job was a nightmare and took a lot of effort and time. He had to practically rebuild his engine to make it fit. If you stick with a low boost level you will probably be fine with this bolt on kit.

It is worth noting that if something is not fit for the purpose it was sold for you are entitled to a refund. I would ask them for references from happy customers - if they can't supply any look somewhere else. I usually recommend a supercharger instead of a turbo on the Integra engines, as the power delivery is smoother and easier to remap for.

Wouldnt a Turbo'ed Integra be like, horrific in acceleration?

Like, you go up a few thousand revs then theres a surge of power to the wheels from the turbo booster, then shortly after theres another surge as the engine switches into Vtec? You'd be accelerating out of corners and you'd be understeering alot when you floored it, wouldnt you?

Or is this me being jealous?

Would fuel consumption go down the ****ter? (I cant imagine thats why one would own a Integra anyway haha)

Its a good idea I just worry you'd be stripping your tyres every time you're at a traffic light.

Hi Mate,

No this wouldn't happen, onece the turbo is spun up it will continue to rise as VTEC kicks on, the change over should be a little more aggresive then before,

The company that produces these kits may do a secondary ECU the adjusts the VTEC, they should be running a secondary or re chip for the new fuel mapping,

So an Intgrea is running a compression which is quite high at 11:1, What i would recommend on this if you are running a 50% or above efficient intercooler as well and is 100 octane fuel, then and only then would i run 7 psi,

I fear that any more and the engine will just have 'pinging' 'detonation'

Hi i have DA7 integra, i'm looking for an affordable (relatively cheap but good quality) engine that i can put in this car besides the Honda b16a v-tech. (Which it has right now)
Something that can fix and be installed easily....