Turbo from non turbo Tranny swap?

juice23

thanks ... the info helps i did not now.. but now i am running into a diffrent problem my turbo subaru auto tranny is blown so i bought.a 5 speed legacy but non turbo i am woundering about switching it from my other turbo legacy any pointers?
THanks

So you are thinking of converting from an auto to a manual but using a non turbo gearbox? This would certainly give low ratios, I'm not sure if the auto box is tied into the ecu - it is on some complex setups but I think that you would be ok.

The other thing is that the box is weaker so may not last very long.

hey so u think i wont need to setup the comp?.Caus i would hate it if i cant start it after i am all done, but i am only switching the turbo from caras not the trany i am gonna be keeping the 1994 5 speed ,not my auto 1992. i hope the turbo dont damage the 1994 it never had turbo!!

I think I misunderstood. If you are looking to put the turbo on a non turbo engine you will almost certainly have problems. I thought we were talking gearboxes. Why not do a full engine swap with your donor car rather than just trying to get the turbo to fit.

OK .So now i am wondering what kinda problems i am gonna run into ,...if u can be more distinctive, i can make my desition .The engine awap to much work right now.. thanks

Turbocharged and Normally Aspirated engines have totally different compression ratios. To just bolt a turbo system to an N/A engine is an immediate recipe for disaster unless controlled correctly, even then it would have to run at very low boost. The simple answer is don't do it or you will be taking it out again very soon as you will simply melt the pistons.

Water injection can help but as Country Bumpkin says "it is a recipe for disaster" unless you are an experienced engineer.

hmm it's to bad :( oh well i guess i am just gonna change the motor later on i guess .. well thanks alot for the help very much helpfull. talk soon again