Turbo Clio

K4M

Car
Clio K4M Stock 1.6
I have bought a 2005 Clio 1.6 16v and I wish and hopefully will install a turbo kit running @10 psi, can you list the items I need.

I have a 4 plate intercooler and a K04 turbo from VW, 260cc injectors and I'm missing the reflash from the ECU where can I make it, is there a chip or where should I make it I'm on Mexico someone in the US will help a lot.

Any suggestions and information is more than welcome

Re: Clio 1.6 Turbo :)

I have bought a 2005 Clio 1.6 16v and I wish and hopefully will install a turbo kit running @10 psi, can you list the items I need.

I have a 4 plate intercooler and a K04 turbo from VW, 260cc injectors and I'm missing the reflash from the ECU where can I make it, is there a chip or where should I make it I'm on Mexico someone in the US will help a lot.

Any suggestions and information is more than welcome

Welcome mate.

welcome to the site mate.
have you concidered the compression ratio of the clio (google is showing 9.8:1) which is quite high for a turbo

as for the map you will most likely have to go for a full custom map on the rollers

Thanks for the warm welcome,

I run a mechnic shop and make repair and service of most cars yet I don't know much about turbo instalations I know modified pistons could lower compression in order to fit the turbo as you say but it could be expensive and hard to find (just my thoughts),

What I mean is I already have the components but I could fit them in another car any suggestions? preferably 1.6 displacement 1.8 at max but that should be in another topic the question would be:
what could be done then to raise some HP?

Blimey - I mean fair play, go for it, but wouldnt it be a lot easier to just buy a 182?

Easier but I pretend to lear to install turbo to then offer the service at the workshop, I preffer to screw (hopefully not) a non expensive car

If you're doing it just for the learning experience then use a decompression plate and keep upping the boost until it pops :lol:

Easier but I pretend to lear to install turbo to then offer the service at the workshop, I preffer to screw (hopefully not) a non expensive car

Yeah cool, I wasn't having a go, if you're up for it crack on, best way to learn. I learnt loads fixing crappy 80s cars.

then I guess the is no one here with a clio 1.6 turbo..... guess I will have to find another car.