Turbo Charging Lamborghini Murcielago

diablopete

Car
Murcielago Roadster
There are a few companies mainly in the US though some in the UK that offer this service for such cars. However the prices are £££££. I've never had such a system fitted to any of my cars. From talking to other guys with more regular but highly modified cars, the cost to turbo charge their vehicle is relatively cheap. What I'd like to know, is, is there a the real reason why my car should cost ten times more than most others to turbo charge? Or is this just another case of being over charged because of the name.
Although I can apparently get the car chipped to obtain more HP, I assume that TT would increased power thoughout the rev range and keep the car more driveable than chip re-mapping alone.

I'm no expert on these issues, so any info/ company suggestions is welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Pete

Hold on. You own a Murcielago with a V12 engine making neerly 600bhp that will do 0-60 in less than 3.5 second and a top speed of 205mph and you want to turbo it???

I would leave well alone. There has to be a reason why Lamborghini didn't put one or two (or in the 70's cases) or four turbo's on it. I know they are made buy boring Germans now, but the Italians would demanded one on inless there was a real good reason not to.

Don't do it.

It will cost so much becasue you own a #"£*^ Lamborghini!! Parts will be special made, and no mechanic would want to touch it incase they break something.

You have the successor of my favorate car in the world. The Diablo. Dont alter a future classic by modding to it. Just get it mapped or whatever, but don't change anything on it.

It will cost so much becasue you own a #"£*^ Lamborghini!! Parts will be special made, and no mechanic would want to touch it incase they break something.

You have the successor of my favorate car in the world. The Diablo. Dont alter a future classic by modding to it. Just get it mapped or whatever, but don't change anything on it.

I've still got one of my diablos and as you say, I'd never touch it. 100% original. I realise the M roadster is a future classic, but at present I wouldn't feel guilty doing a reverseable change to it.

Just how effective are remaps from the driving point of view and not just a max HP on a computer graph?

Welcome

on something like the v12 you should see a nice healthy gain from a map, nothing huge like bolting a turbo on would do but a nice gain. RobBently on here may be able to help as he does remapping.

the reason it will be expensive is these are performance engines already so would need a bit of work to turbo - remember you have 12 pistons to change, 2 exhaust manifolds and the 6ltr displacement is moving a bit of air so would need a bigger charger than a small engine

Welcome

on something like the v12 you should see a nice healthy gain from a map, nothing huge like bolting a turbo on would do but a nice gain. RobBently on here may be able to help as he does remapping.

the reason it will be expensive is these are performance engines already so would need a bit of work to turbo - remember you have 12 pistons to change, 2 exhaust manifolds and the 6ltr displacement is moving a bit of air so would need a bigger charger than a small engine

Thanks for that. All makes sense. Explains why prices are 20K or more. I don't really want to spend that much to take it from 600 to just over 700 bhp.
I'll try to find RB on here.

Many thanks

Thanks for that. All makes sense. Explains why prices are 20K or more. I don't really want to spend that much to take it from 600 to just over 700 bhp.
I'll try to find RB on here.

Many thanks

Your a very lucky man Pete, Murcielago eh! :love:
Rob has a very good reputation so your car will be in very good hands! ;)