Turbo charging a 2003 2.0 fsi A4

A4FSI

Car
03 Audi A4 2.0 FSI
Recently purchased an A4 looking to turbo charge it as 150bhp feels slow to pick up for such a big car is it possible for the expense involved? have looked at the 1.8 turbo quattro but it is only running 163 and the fsi engine gives a nice kick after 4000rpm

Last edited:
recently purchased an a4 looking to turbo charge it as 150bhp feels slow to pick up for such a big car is it possible for the expense involved? Have looked at the 1.8 turbo quattro but it is only running 153bhp and the fsi gives a nice kick after 4000rpm

163*

Agree with Yugguy.

Cost, convenience, reliability, legality etc all point to selling the FSI and buying a TSFI.

Remember, it's not just a case of "bolt on a turbo and she'll be right". upgraded brakes, suspension, cooling, internals etc are also usually involved.

thank you for your advice I am 23 and at the limit of my finances with a B6 and as far as I'm aware the TFSI engines weren't introduced until the next generation? I'm thinking now of flogging it for a 1.8 turbo if they are a better base for tuning? Be happy with just a little bit more pull

The best engine is the 1.8T (non FSI) then the 2.0TFSi, both can be given significant gains through a remap. The 1.8 TFSi is probably a good option but not one I know much about. A lot of things chagned when they went FSI with the engines.

I'd also investigate adding a supercharger to your 2.0 FSi. If you can find a kit (probably from the USA) it will be a significant power gain but I would estimate you're looking at around £3000 baseline for starters on any forced induction project.