turbo charged 1.9 EFI HO motor ????

Joeflex

Car
turbo, sandrail
I put a Turbo on my sandrail it has a ford 1988 1.9 FI Ho motor in it. I installed a FAST computer on it, put a better fuel pump on it with a braided fuel lines, I aslo put a air to air intercooler on it. The turbo puts out 10-11 lb of boost. I made my 1st trip to the dunes this past weekend and it ran for 2 days and then it cracked a piston. just cracked the very top of it about a 1 inch peice. I have talked to a few other people and I have been told that I needed to run 110 octaine in it (I ran 93) and put better pistons in it. DO you agree with that? the pistons I had were the stock pistons. Do I need to have someone build me a set of pistons and RODs of just pistons. please give me some input for I dont want to have to pull the motor again this summer of ever..

depending on the compression of the standard pistons you should just need to lower them. being in america and it being a ford you whouldnt have an issue getting low compression pistons
if your looking at upping the boost more then it could be worth doing the rods and crank as well

id run the highest you can - your octane ratings are lower than the UK ones - i run 97 normally

what comp ratio should I run 8.5.1?
aslo by lowering the comp ratio does it decress the power of the motor? I just want it to have the same power that it had before I cracked the piston, the power was very impressive!