turbo and modifying

Faith

Tuner
hey

im thinkign about starting a new project i have had a few ideas

ae86 corolla
honda civic(my most knollageable car)but most common
the daihatsu charde or sirion

im looking for all the info on a turbo'ed daihatsu i know lot of peopel have asked this if u guys dont know then is there any fourm rooms >???

thanks adz

The charade GTTI - garett twin turbo. 0-60 in 7.9 seconds and still returns about 30 mpg! The engine is only 998cc so revs high (7500rpm) but it is really tuned out to the max already there is not a lot of scope tuning wise on such a well developed engine.

99 BHP. Didn't realise the Yaris engine would be a swap - that opens up some possibilities the 1.3 Yaris JDM spec can be supercharged - there are kits availbale on the internet! That would make an interesting proposition. I would say - drive a Charade first - Personally I didn't like them - the pedals were too close together and the trim looked very plasticky (I am being very harsh and picky here!)

the trim can be changed ahhaha im jus thinking for a track and weekend car really
yea i know of some one how has done that exact swap and then some he hybreaded the engine with summink else and then loads of work its bin know to out run almost every think ahhaha thats why im looking at it i was just wondering what u guys thought

there is talk of this guy looking at a top secret set up init ahha madness

im also thinking of a few other cars new civic 1.8 vtec(2.2ictdi)(if i sell my pug, or give it to my girl)
323 turbo 1.3(if i sell my pug, or give it to my girl)
bmw 3 serise(if my job works out well i would have to save)
polo t gti (as a track day car)

all just ideas atm

Dont forget the Audi A3 1.8T Sport - they cost a lot to buy initially but are very reliable solid cars, return 36-39 mpg and are easily tunable to over 200bhp. The TDI Quattro is another serious contender although this is very expensive to buy.

the auid was my top choice untill i found out the insurants groupe i can insure a chevrolet camaro 3.8 v6 easyer then a audi :( sigh

Wait till you're an old git like me :wink: - insurance is about £400 notes fully comp Full protected NCB.

why cant i be old in the insurants groupe eyes and still ahve my boyish good looks lol

im also looking at the corolla ae86 as a sprint and drift sooo confused atm im still finishing my first project ahhaah

The charade GTTi is single turbo and 100bhp

The boost can reliably be doubled with no other modifications, and coupled with a sports exhaust and induction kit will release 160bhp, with a metal headgasket you can go up to 180bhp because the pistons are forged as standard :wink:

hey

im thinkign about starting a new project i have had a few ideas

ae86 corolla
honda civic(my most knollageable car)but most common
the daihatsu charde or sirion

im looking for all the info on a turbo'ed daihatsu i know lot of peopel have asked this if u guys dont know then is there any fourm rooms >???

thanks adz
hi there i have a sportrak 1.6 and am also looking for as much info on the same matter so im all ears to any tips you have already found out thanks

im lookin for a daihatsu gtti az well 2 swaps for my car but in new zealand they arnt common at all i have a 1.3 liter electric fuel injection and it goes hard it kan keep up with a honda vtec with 2 ov us in the car lol

wow i never knew daihatsu gtti came out with forged pistons...does any one here get any problems with there gearbox iv already blown 1 and only done 92000kms :sad2:...and the other thing iz that if you leave the standard airbox on but take all the pipe bull #!#!#!#! off it makes a way louder sound then a pod filter lol...there should only be a big black square box siting there and you should b able 2 c the air filter......you guys should try it i get looks now lol hahahha :bigsmile:...and wat other car parts fit on2 daihatsu charades iv been trying 2 look 4 a while now and still nothing...and wat r the standard stud pattern 4 daihatsu charade non turbo i think it iz 4 x100 im not 2 sure tho lol

wow i never knew daihatsu gtti came out with forged pistons...does any one here get any problems with there gearbox iv already blown 1 and only done 92000kms :sad2:...and the other thing iz that if you leave the standard airbox on but take all the pipe bull #!#!#!#! off it makes a way louder sound then a pod filter lol...there should only be a big black square box siting there and you should b able 2 c the air filter......you guys should try it i get looks now lol hahahha :bigsmile:...and wat other car parts fit on2 daihatsu charades iv been trying 2 look 4 a while now and still nothing...and wat r the standard stud pattern 4 daihatsu charade non turbo i think it iz 4 x100 im not 2 sure tho lol

Yes stud pattern is 4x100 but I dont remember how much is the central diameter