tuning tips plz

mazda0928

Can somebody give me some tips on what i should do first with the engine. i know there are tons of things to tune i just dont know where to start lol

pgarner

TC ModFather
From
Lockerbie, SW Scotland
Car
Octy smoke machine
hey and welcome to torquecars mate.

best starting point is if forced induction start with a basic remap, preferable one that can be custom altered a future date to incorporate other mods

for NASP cars, start with breathing. Panel filter or induction kit, exhaust - go for a whole system rather than just back box. then power boost valve ( fuel pressure regulator ) cams, porting larger injectors and fuel pump

more extremes gas flowing the head ( can be expensive on some cars ) fitting high compression pistons and conrods or forced induction

Last edited:

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Hi mada0928 and welcome to TorqueCars. Which engine do you have in your car? (This can limit a lot of your tuning options.)

mazda0928

its the 2.3 L4 i was thinking maybe a (CCA) cold air intake and an exhaust system. Are there any brands that you would suggest? and also how much do you think i could get a good turbo for thats not top of the line expensive?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
A breakers yard is your best bet for a turbo. It can be a bit of a pain fitting it - have you read our article in TUNING about adding a turbo. You'll see it in the forced induction pages.

A cold air intake and sports exhaust are a good idea, but I'm not sure who make them for your engine so you might have to get a generic one and some fitting. I like the sound of the HKS dragger exhaust, I'm also a fan of cherry bombs too though:D