Tuning tips: Hidden cost of Tuning cars

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
The aims of car tuning depend largely on the owner of the car concerned. We need to find the hidden cost of a modification and weigh this up. This is the aim of any good car tuning guide, and we follow real world car tuning experience and write this up in an accessible manner. Power [...]
More...

What do you think of this tip then, read the article and post your comments in here.

I wonder how many take into account the extra fuel costs when tunning?.My mrs did when i booked a remap!i just shrugged my shoulders!!!!!.

I wonder how many take into account the extra fuel costs when tunning?.My mrs did when i booked a remap!i just shrugged my shoulders!!!!!.

Not a good move, generally ;) Should have told her that a remap will actually improve MPG - which it will if you don't use the extra power :)

The 2 are connected you cant go any further than you can afford ;).

Obviously that is right but it doesnt contradict what I said it clarifies it.;)

A lot of people just start modding with no plan or thought of where they want to end up. They hunt for bolt on bits without too much thought as to if they are suitable.
Inevitably they will almost certainly throw money away as they will end upon uprating some parts twice. They will also probably not get the "best " from the mods

The best way (IMHO) is to sort out what you want , and this will determine what you need and therefore the cost- The aim determines the cost not the other way round

Your cash flow determines if or as OG said when you get there .