tuning tips for a focus 2.0 zetec?

clubba2012

Wrench Pro
Car
ford focus 2l zetec
Hey guys , I have a focus 2 litre zetec I was seeing if anyone had come across any effective tuning mods to the engine, I already have a full ashley competition exhaust system ( cat back) ... Any ideas would be appreciated thank you

It is a petrol HDi fun

OK, so it's going to be more traditional to tune than the TDCi units. Depending upon what sort of drive you want, and what your budget is there's a plethora of options.

The TDCi diesels respond very well with nothing more than an ECU remap. You can go further with these in the form of hybrid turbos etc. but the costs can escalate exponentially almost.

In fairness, so will petrol tuning if you go for it hammer and tongs.

Do you want your car to retain road driveability and refinement or are you prepared to sacrifice all in the interests of outright power?

I would like to increase the power output at the same time regain driveability, i have though about an engine remap, do you recommend any specific tuning companies which could provide a healthy remap as remaps may differ slightly from various manufacturers'... cheers

i was also looking to replace the stock intake manifold with individual throttle bodys , do you have any insight into doing this ? and where i could possibly find a set of itb's to fit onto the zetec engine ... any information is a great help

I would like to increase the power output at the same time regain driveability, i have though about an engine remap, do you recommend any specific tuning companies which could provide a healthy remap as remaps may differ slightly from various manufacturers'... cheers

To be fair there's not a lot at all to be gained from remapping a naturally aspirated standard car. If you go down the route of extensive engine/exhaust/intakes mods then of course you'll have to change the control parameters to suit.

This is why I think that common rail diesel is the route for cheap performance in general. There's acres of slack in the standard tune that can be taken up with a remap alone.

i agree, i think to see big increases in horses , the most dramatic and expensive route will be to add a turbo to the engine , this will be a fairly long procedure though and probably a little tricky even being a mechanic , it is going to to be an expensive option not to mention too...:confused:

i agree, i think to see big increases in horses , the most dramatic and expensive route will be to add a turbo to the engine , this will be a fairly long procedure though and probably a little tricky even being a mechanic , it is going to to be an expensive option not to mention too...:confused:

Turbo engines are very very different in so many ways compared to naturally aspirated ones.