Tuning The Alfa 156 2.5 V6 sport 3

dazaroo16

Car
Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Ive bought a Alfa v6 so i think ive Lost my alfaginity and i have done some mild fine tuning, i want to improve the handling further but i dont want any insane wings or to lower her further

Black facelift 2003 full recaro leather interior
2.5 v6 manual fwd tuned with remap 210 bhp
custom built exhaust and manifold (throaty growl)
AP Coilovers 20mm drop (enough drop without grounding out on roads and bumps)
BBS LM style rims Matt black with B/W alfa romeo logo center
Uprated Brakes and Discs vented and drilled

any ideas on improving handling while keeping her looking modest and not in your face

Better tyres and IF the car has too much understeer/front end pushing wide in turns for your liking then a stiffer setting on an adjustable rear sway/anti roll bar may be the answer.

im using top end tires currently so the only option will be upgraded rear anti roll bars

Would a rear wing setup for cornering like on a 156 Super Touring car help even though its fwd or would the speed to make it work be too high to realistically help improve handling

You can have the car corner weighted and the spring rates along with the damper bump and rebound settings altered to suit by someone that knows what they are doing.
Unless it's going to be a track weapon I would not install a big rear wing on a street car as that would make you look like a wanna be boy racer muppet :eek: .V(.

IMO you will find that the super tourer will have a front splitter and or cannards to compliment the rear wing.It's a matter of getting the right balance.

Last edited:
my intention is to turn it into a track weapon/ daily driver and the wings on the 156 st racecars are quite subtle. That said i would never have a LMP01 style wing on a road car

Hello and a very warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

You've done most of the sensible mods I'd recommend. You can't beat having the toe and camber professionally setup, this can greatly improve cornering especially as the car is now sitting lower.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

thank you for all of the advice chaps ive installed an uprated rear antiroll bar and it seems to have one the trick, it feels weirdly closer to the superkarts I've raced in terms of steering response

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back