tuning skyline

A remap is pretty much all you need to do. If you want serious power then get a big turbo conversion kjt and uprate the wastegate and blow off valves.

Will the car be used for the daily drive? How much are you wanting to spend on it?

I've seen people blow the best part of 30,000 on a skyline with just engine mods! :eek:

Sensible additions would be a larger turbo conversion and reboring the block or dropping in an RB30. Bottem end will need strengthening. I believe the nur Spec engines are the strongest and rarest.

The only word of caution is watch the mapping carefully, get this wrong and your engine will pop or melt! Only trust a professional with a good reputation and knowledge of these engines.

For racing you will also need to uprate the suspension and brakes so it will be an effective track day weapon.

To race it, you will need the uprated sump baffles for a start or you'll lose the bottom end through oil surge. To put any serious power through these engines the best bet is forged bottom end,uprated oil pump etc, metal head gasket and some turbo's which won't melt. Then there's the fuel/managemant upgrades etc.
I have just put an RB26 lump together with the above parts and new Garret tubs. It's not for the track though, just for fun and mainly because his engine had gone and the stock tubs were knackered too.
There's plenty of parts out there, just make sure you buy decent stuff not complete and utter crap off e-bay which promises an extra 300 bhp for two shekkels and a splink.

You dont tune an rb26 to 300
Its probably already over 300 as the quoted factory power figures were known to be very conservative.

anyway to get 400

step 1 - induction exhaust boost controller and a decent map ( ideally with something like an apexi power fc ecu) will see 400 and as long as the engine is sound you will have no problems with that power level but use top oil and change every 5000 miles

You dont need carbon brakes

I doubt you really mean No limit especially if you have not driven it with 400 yet.

lets just say there isnt one as long as you have contacts with fort knox.

I stopped at 600 detuned it a bit and after 2 years still dont beleive how quick the car can be.

On a track 600 is enough unless you have pretty much a complete racing set up.
If you have to ask how much that costs the answer is too much