Tuning my Grand Cherokee

cherokee1111

Car
Grand Cherokee CRD
Hello all, newbie here:embarrest: new to the forums and new to remapping/chipping as I'd never heard of it till a week ago:embarrest::embarrest:
Anyway, my 52 plate Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD is slow at low revs and doesnt pick up responsively enough at junctions plus I'd like to get better fuel economy.
Any advice on what to do with my beloved Jeep thats had nothing done to it (except servicing and lots of money spent replacing worn bits) to improve all the above?

Also keen to know about slightly worn tyres to get as all 4 are just legal and I mean just but 4 new ones are expensive.

Thanks

hey and welcome to the site.

remapping will give a bit more grunt through the rev range.
low rev could be diesels need the turbo working, the only problem you do need some revs to spin up the turbo ~2000 rpm you should start to notice a difference.

off road tyres are dear but they will outlast normal road tyres a fair bit.

thanks all, cars really sluggish in this weather even after a service so remapping seems the best idea, thanks for the tips/advice

Hi cherokee, a remap on your model will give 30bhp/60nm torque which will transform the way your jeep drives at low rpm and will pull much better and smoother, and you should see an improvement in fuel economy...:)

Remap from celtic tuning takes it from 161bhp to 205bhp and the torque from 295lb/ft to 355lb/ft. Where abouts are you from as I'm a dealer for celtictuning.

Hey folks,

I am new to the Jeep forums and the world of diesel - in the form of a lolling Jeep GC 2.7 CRD 2001.

I replaced the antiroll bar - and could make it round the bends above 60 without getting sea sick.

Then I lowered with Eibachs and increased the speed to 70 but ...I
continued bouncing in my seat long after the hood had settled after going over a "little" dent on the road.
Did some more homework and replaced the stock shocks with Bilstein sports shocks.
Now up to 80 on the bends while overtaking Beemers - joy.

However - the hard ride needs to be numbed a little cos we do live on Mars here ( craters all around ) so I will be putting the original springs back.

Moving onto the real reason - I have been curious about remaps and all comments so far have been positive.

Now here's my snag - I live in Lisbon ( Portugal ).

Anyone with recommendations for a specific remap provider who may have a retailer here?

Cheers,

Hi I read your post because we are specialized in Jeep Tuning, but we do not go back to 2001 unfortunately. If you will decide to change your jeep in the future for a newer one, we can help you with the tune regardless of where you live. please see [*Link removed as per our T's and C's*] for more details.

Last edited by a moderator: