tuning my accord 51 plate

koihonda

hi all i have a 1.8 accord sport vtec i believe it is stock but i want to spice it up abit any pointers my sound system is ok 600w amp 4 jvc 300watt 6x9s 2 in the back 2 in the back doors and two sony 150watt in the front doors.i just need some help with tuning it up abit

A remap to the VTEC controller getting it to kick in earlier. Induction kit with a cold air feed and a sports exhaust maybe even a Type R exhaust system would work best as I belive the blocks may be the same.

FSE Fuel boost valve to improve throttle response, bigger injectors, Gas flowed head and larger valves, sports or fast road cams - the list goes on really. How much do you want to spend really?

waynne said:
A remap to the VTEC controller getting it to kick in earlier. Induction kit with a cold air feed and a sports exhaust maybe even a Type R exhaust system would work best as I belive the blocks may be the same

the exaust for the type r is a 2 exit 1 at each side so a bit of cutting may be required uless you want to fit a type r bumper on. the exuast might be the same from the cat back unsure about the front as type r accords were 2.2 so manifolds may be different

vtech controlllers are easy enough to get hold of

waynne said:
Bother, I forgot they were 2.2's! I was thinking of an Integra Type R engine exhaust.

best idea would be to park up next to one and check. think the accords going to be longer thou

waynnes hit a idea there why not just change the engine to an integra type r take the power from 130 to 197bhp

if i had the money it would be an idea to fit the integra engine and the accord type r exhaust. As turbo/super charger kits are readily avalible for the integra (300bhp dont really go over as fwd) bit of a sleeperas dont think even the accord type r is that fast

I've just started looking into tuning my Accord type S too, its a bugger because the 's' runs the same boat anchor as the honda shuttle, bag loads of Torque but seriously lacking in performance, these boat anchors are labelled as B18d or something similar? but the engine layouts are very similar to the B20's etc so most ancillary stuff should fit with a little cutting and pasting, i need to get mine parked up next to a type R really to see about routing the Induction kits etc, i can weld and fabricate so its not so much bother for me, if you cant it may be a pain the arse.

Unless the Japs start modifiying shuttles ? :embarrest:

Exhausts are no problem, just get 'built on car' stainless system (powerflo) for example but go in armed with a little knowledge about what boxes do what and ask for the right stuff. ;)