tuning for nissan march 12SR

sach

Car
nissan march 12SR
hello

I wanna tune my Nissan March 12SR yr '03...on the exterior its ok since Autech has taken care of it, its the engine that i want to pimp up:p.Compared to stock Nissan March, the 12SR is a high-revving 1.2-liter four-cylinder engine tuned by Autech. The upgrade includes a set of high-compression pistons, hotter cams, a lighter flywheel, close-ratio five-speed gearbox and extensive chassis strengthening. For now am looking forward to change spark-plugs n its cable, add a new air filter n a compressor just to begin with...its about the air-filter that am not sure or to b precise which brand will suit my car best...simota or k&n??or any other which u find best...

Later modifications include going for sports suspensions, short-shift, brake-pads and tyres (i've already got a 15' alloy wheels set on but with Falken tyres which i dont like:p)......is the close ratio of the gear box enough or short-shift is needed??
counselling on the above is most welcome... hope to hear from u soon...cheerss

Hi there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you with us.

We'd love to see some pics of your car, so when you get to 10 posts you can upload them.

A 1.2 engine does not have a lot to give in terms of how much you will be spending on it. I would advise against and induction kit and instead suggest a panel air filter, preferably made from Cotton gauze.

Don't forget the brakes as well. Personally I'd move up the suspension mods and leave the engine till last.

Hi there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you with us.

We'd love to see some pics of your car, so when you get to 10 posts you can upload them.

A 1.2 engine does not have a lot to give in terms of how much you will be spending on it. I would advise against and induction kit and instead suggest a panel air filter, preferably made from Cotton gauze.

Don't forget the brakes as well. Personally I'd move up the suspension mods and leave the engine till last.
ok...i'll drop the induction kit...wot about compressor and spark plugs?? well here where i live in mauritius having a big engine bears no fun since we are such a small country. @ time it even difficult to go in 5th gear :p ... and wot do u sugest for brakes and suspension?? yeah sure i'll upload pics...thanks for ur quick reply... cheersss

To Pganer

err bdw i translated it literally...here it is called 'compresseur' a french word... i dnt kno how it is called in english... it compresses air and sends it via a duct/pipe to the engine ( and no its not a turbo am talking about)... its made of metal, cynlindrical in shape (bottle shaped), about 15cm in length with a meter gauge attached to it...usually fixed in such a way that its base gains access to ample supply of air... i really dont know how it is called in English... yeah the actual spark-plugs need a change...are iridium-based spark plugs ok?? wot brake pads should i change for??