tuning for 1998 vectra cdx 2.5

BayEmre

Car
1998 vectra cdx 2.5
hello everybody,i m Emre

I have a 98 Opel Vectra CDX. For performance improvement of the engine, what kind of parts should I buy?

as i mentioned above i want to improve the engine and purchase these devices via internet. Could you please advice both reputable brands for the devices and websites ?
thanks

Last edited:
Welcome to Tourque Cars pal ;)

First off, with a 2.5 you have a good starting point as you already have a 170bhp engine. If you want to do a very very easy mod that will give you a good bhp return, then consider putting in a set of Vauxhall 3.0ltr cams. You can pick them up from ebay for far less than £100 and will give about 20bhp gain. Doin this mod will basically make your engine the same as a Vectra GSi as the GSi is only different by having the 3.0ltr cams in it ;) Very easy and cheap start for you and will give a noticable difference. Then consider light weight flywheel, uprated clutch air filter, exhaust and uprated fuel pressure regulater.

If you require any specific advise with this engine please dont hesitate to ask as I have tuned one of these engines before in a Calibra so I know what works and doesn't ;)

Also, if you want to have a look at what is possible for your car, then please check out the following website :-

Click here for Vauxhall Tuning.

And to give you some further ideas, here is the link to my tuned Calibra V6 ;)

Click here for Calibra V6

Last edited:
Hi emry and welcome to TorqueCars. I hope you enjoy our site. Can't really ad much to Bad63r's post as he's covered the main bases.

thanks "BAD63R"

i thing i m going to do 3.0 cams and chip tuning,after them maybe i ll do air filter and exhaust..but i'll ask you first :)
and sorry for my english,still trying to learn :)
ps: i looked the calibra. it becomes a monster, what is the 0-100km now ?

Last edited: