Tuning bits. Vectra C 1.9 CDTi SRi 150

Harvey

Tuner
From
Darlington
Car
Vectra CDTi 280/437
Cheers mate. If there is anything you want to know about specifically I can share my experience with you but some times I don't get on here for a few days.

jarrus

Pro Tuner
From
West Midlands, UK
Car
Suzuki Swift Sport
Always a good read chap,
Apparantly the spray pattern of the injector is matched with the shape of the piston bowl so the fuel gets mixed as best as possible with the air,

Ive spoken to Keith, at United Diesel in Shropshire, he does know his stuff, he probably just enlarged the holes in the nozzles (well i say 'just' im sure theres more to it than that but that the basic jist)

I will have to talk to your hybrid turbo guy in the future i think...

Yugguy

Torque King
From
Rugby (expat Preston lad)
Car
Merc C220Cdi Elegan
I know I'm fascinated by just what can be done with an everyday diesel engine. I don't mean everyday in a bad way, just that its an engine like mine that's used in hundreds of thousands of cars.

Harvey

Tuner
From
Darlington
Car
Vectra CDTi 280/437
Yes. There are some big power diesles about. The VAG guys have been at it for some time so the modification route is fairly well marked out and off the shelf parts are relatively easy to obtain. The 1.9 Fiat engine as fitted to Vectras, Astras,Saabs, Cromas, Alpha Romeos is not as well developed and tuning on these has not advanced very much until now.
I have just fitted my previous turbo and a Hybrid FMIC to a pre-facelift Vectra which already had a full decat exhaust. Mapped at RSTuning the owner phoned to tell me it did 240bhp and 350 lbs/ft which is an exceptionally good result considering his lack of mods, no water methanol and it was on a very warm day (30C in the RR cell.
So tuning these engines ha come on tremendously in the last 18mths.