Tuning Audi engines

MattK

Hi all.
My name is MattK and I don't have a car to work on at the moment because I have sold my last project (a racing mini classic). Was thinking of moving on to a VW Golf, and I rather like the Mk1 or Mk2 shape best and would like to mid-mount the engine (V6 or V8 unit) and run it on a four wheel drive train ideally. :shock:

I am in the planning stages at the moment, but I am really struggling for ideas on donor cars for the drive train as you can imagine! I think that this might be an impossible task, so any ideas that anyone has would be good! :D

Re: Newbies Say Hello

Audi s3 1.8t engine yes i know its only a 4 potter and not a v6 or 8 but its giving 225 bhp as standard and lighter than than the heavier v engines.

but prob need a custom built gearbox

have seen a RS6 engine fitted mid car in a TT but it was built for hill climb events

Is the TT drive train not set up for front engine mounting, I had assumed that it was? The RS6 engine is a good idea, I will have a look at some TT running gear and see how easy it would be to modify it.

yeah both tt and rs6 are set up for front mounting

thats the only problem a custom gearbox would have to be built

theres not really that many cars that are mid mounted and use 4 wheel drive

other idea is using the rear mounting the engine and using the porsche engine and drivetrain with prop and driveshafts altered to suit