Tuning Audi A3 (130) TDI

L

Lukemetcalfe

Hi, just wondering what sort of options are open for more power and economy for my car, I know about an engine remap but what else is there available tht will make a difference? Also any suggestions for the exterior? It's metallic blue (don't wanna respray) it's a 51 reg so the old model.

Hi, just wondering what sort of options are open for more power and economy for my car, I know about an engine remap but what else is there available tht will make a difference? Also any suggestions for the exterior? It's metallic blue (don't wanna respray) it's a 51 reg so the old model.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

For big, quick and relatively cheap results a remap is the way forward.

You can spend thousands on full exhaust systems, cold air intakes etc, but have a remap that will take about an hour and a half and you will lift the power by 35-45 BHP.

We run this particular engine our self, and is very strong, reliable and very good on fuel.

Hope this is of some help

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

A bigger turbo or a hybrid turbo will all help raise the power figures to respectable levels. To be honest a remap is your single best option for the power gain you get and the cost of it.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars car Forum :)

Feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.
Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspirational ideas towards your own very special project!

Enjoy! :)

Like JF Automotive said, remap is most cost effective mod you can do with TDI, or anny other turbo diesel.
It all depends on what is your aim for power.
People do install biger turbos (from PD150/PD160 - VNT1749VB) or hybrid turbos, as Wayne said. Hybrid turbo is made out of one smaller for egsaust side and one biger turbo for intake side.
Your injectors are same as PD150/PD160 got, so if you wanna enourmos power gain biger injectors can be found from Bosio - that is if you really need biger ones.
After that, biger and more efficient intercooler can find it's place behind front grill instead of small one behind your fog light - so called FMIC. There is various offers for that - from generic ones from ebay to the well knowned Forge items.
Biger bore downpipe and decat should help turbo to spool faster and to bring away some heat from turbo.
Depending on what turbo preasure we talk here you can think about checking are your MAP and MAF sensors have capacity for new conditions.
After you done with parts exchange you should do custom remap.
Reportedly, before you mess with engine internals your engine can squise around 200 HP with above mods or just with remap itself you can expect about 160-170 HP.

Hopefully someone with real life experience will chime in this thread and tell you some more or correct my words. Mine is PD100 and so far have done just an remap and some research around www for possible upgrades and above tips are what I have found as most common.